There are many different types of tea to choose from, but for an afternoon tea, the most popular types to try might be:
Black Tea: rich robust flavors
White Tea: High in antioxidants
Herbal Tea: made from roots, flowers, or other parts of plants or herbs
Tea sandwiches are one of the most important parts of a proper afternoon tea. A cucumber and cream cheese sandwich is a great choice and a very easy and decorative sandwich to make. As seen in this picture, the sandwich can be made open-faced for an even more impressive display. Here’s How:
1. Spread cream cheese over sliced white bread.
2. cut a cucumber in half, lengthwise, and remove the seedy middle.
3. Hold the cucumber open side up and use a vegetable peeler to thinly slice the cucumber (lengthwise)-make sure that you include part of the cucumber skin with the inner cucumber-this will make the slices more visually appealing!
4. Layer the thin cucumber slices on top of the cream cheese
5. Use a cookie cutter to cut a shape out of the open-faced sandwich-sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and add parsley for a final touch.