You have ten seconds to name all of the items currently occupying space in your evening clutch. GO! What did you come up? Lip gloss, compact, phone, keys and old movie ticket stubs? If that’s all you could come up with then this style guide on how to assemble the perfect red carpet clutch is going to make a huge difference in your life. Having a well-stocked purse filled with the right items will make your night run smoothly. Say goodbye to wardrobe malfunctions!
The ever-so-fabulous Dinora Walcott gives us the skinny on what she never leaves home without.
Here is RCT’s list of essential items all women need to cater to their hair, makeup, wardrobe, and body when out and about town. These items are a MUST:
1. Bobby pins. Wrangle rogue strands of hair and keep those tresses in check with a trusty bobby pin. Having an extra bobby pin on you might save you from having a fashion disaster at any given moment, so always make sure you have at least one in your bag. In a tight spot you can use a bobby pin to hem your pants or pin up your sleeves; they also make great tools for unlocking doors and handcuffs!
2. Beauty Blotters. These are a blessing to have when you’re out and about town in nightclubs, at crowded restaurants, or just out enjoying the bright lights in a big city. Summer is right around the corner and the last thing you want is for the hot weather to melt your makeup. Keep cool and stay dry with your beauty blotters in tow to matte oily skin and wipe off sweat droplets. And in case you didn’t know, the beauty blotter can be used as a makeshift notepad, a SARS filter, cigarette rolling paper, and as a protective drink cover for unattended beverages.
3. Breath mints. Mints fight unwanted bad breath. Need we say more?
4. Lip gloss. Ladies love lip gloss. An added layer of shine on matte lips can make a huge difference in your overall appearance. Lip gloss or lip balm can also double as glue, temporary hair gel, cuticle moisturizer and a topical ointment for minor cuts.
5. Hair Elastic. For any emergency situation, a single hair elastic can solve the problem. If your Jimmy Choo strap breaks then slip an elastic over your foot and sandal to secure the shoe until you make it home. Getting hot and sweaty on the dance floor as the DJ plays your favorite jam? Just use an elastic to tie your hair up in a ponytail or a bun and work that updo! Hair elastics can also be very handy when you need a temporary money clip, credit card holder, a backup shoe strap, or even arm candy accessories.