LA Fashion Week is finally here. The opening reception on Sunday for the Style Fashion Week was held at a private location at a Bel Air estate with a strict attendance list. The rest of the six day production will showcase hundreds of international designers bringing in people from New York to Dubai. This event will also feature reputable and emerging fashion industry designers.
The main location for LAFW is the breathtaking Vibiana in downtown Los Angeles, known for its cathedral beauty and ethereal ambiance. There will be a plethora of things going on this week and we are excited for all the festivities. LA Fashion week offers plenty of exhibits for the fashion seekers, from the after parties to the lush signature cocktails. Everything is exceptional and full of sophisticated glamour. From March 11-16th you can view the runways of the newest designers, chat with celebs about couture, and sample signature dishes and infused cocktail creations.
Sunday’s Style Fashion Week Launch party was a hit. The event kicked off with a sponsored performance from iTunes, including talented musicians hand selected by the planning committee. The VIP reception also featured a LOUIS XIII cognac tasting, a jewelry showcase by Martin Katz, handcrafted artisan chocolates by Knipschildt, a yummy chocolate fountain by Brunch Butler and a delightful cuisine prepared by French Master Chef Philippe. Also the Vintage Yachting club offered memberships for their elite global yachting excursions that take place internationally. The evening also included several activities that benefitted the Hollywood Arts foundation.
March 12, 2012, the opening night at The Vibiana, will showcase Stop Staring!, an LA based vintage clothing line that will reveal their newest collection. The collection is inspired by The Golden Age of Mexican Cinema, known as the “Epoca de Oro.” The spanish revival in fashion has been noticeable this season.
March 12, 2012
- 6pm-9pm Style Fashion Week LA opening night at Vibiana. Invite only.
- 7pm-9pm British Fashion Council opening party at Smashbox Studios for London Showrooms LA. Invite only.
March 13, 2012
- 10am-7pm British Fashion Council presents London Showrooms at Ace Gallery through March 15. Invite only.
- 7pm-9pm Style Fashion Week at Vibiana with runway shows at 8:30 XCVI. Invite only.
- 7pm-9pm DECADES FOR MODERN VINTAGE footwear collection debut at Decades, hosted by Emmy Rossum. Invite Only.
- 8pm-2am PROJECT ETHOS Art/Music/Fashion live experience at the Avalon in Hollywood.
March 14, 2012
- 10am-6pm Designers & Agents Trade Show at the New Mart through March 14.
- 10am-7pm British Fashion Council presents London Showrooms at Ace Gallery through March 15.
- 6pm-11pm Style Fashion Week at Vibiana with fashion presentations: 6:30 L’UNE COLLECTION, 7:30 MADISON PARK, 8:30 SKINGRAFT, 9:30 MILA HERMANOVSKI. Invite only.
- 7pm-11pm Flaunt Magazine celebrates the launch of ROARK SS12 collection at H Lorenzo Sunset Plaza store. Invite Only.
- 7pm-10pm Digital LA presents “Fashion Goes Digital & Social” panel discussion with digital fashion media and e-commerce entrepreneurs at the hotel Shangri-La in Santa Monica.
- 8pm-12am LA Fashion Council Homecoming Party at 600 S. Spring, downtown LA. Private event.
March 15, 2012
- 5pm-8pm NEWBEAUTY opening at Fred Segal Santa Monica.
- 6pm-10pm Style Fashion Week at Vibiana with fashion presentations: 7:30 OCTAVIO CARLIN, 8:30 FURNE ONE. Invite only.
- 6pm (doors) 7:30pm (show) OCTAVIO CARLIN at Style Fashion Week. Invite Only.
- 8pm-11pm The LA Independent Fashion Consortium at The Echo on Sunset Blvd. features RICO ADAIR, PLEASURE DOING BUSINESS, MORTIMER, BARE SOLE, SOJI with special guests Clint Catalyst, Tunnelmental Experimental Assembly and Foundaround.
March 16, 2012
- 12pm-3pm Sue Wong presents Fall 2012, a highly exclusive press preview at a private location in Hollywood.
- 8pm-10pm Kick-off party for LA Fashion Weekend at Sunset Gower Studios.
- 6pm (doors) 8pm (show) Go RED for Women Celebrity Red Dress Fashion Show for the American Heart Association to close Style Fashion Week at Vibiana.
- 6pm-12pm; 9:30pm (show) Ecouture at W Hotel Hollywood for Green Life EcoCouture at LA Fashion Week. Tickets benefit F.A.C.E. and EcoTrust. Collections represented include EcoSkin, Viola Living Jewels and Calleen Cordero plus ecofriendly swag.
- 7pm (doors) 8:30 (show) Synesthetic LA Fashion Week Group Show featuring HOWL CLOTHING, FIRST COMMUNION, and GRAYSON MITCHELL KELLY. Private event at 120 S. Santa Fe, downtown LA.
Saturday, March 17, 2012
- 6pm (doors) 8pm (show) LA Fashion Weekend at Sunset Gower Studios.
- 7pm-10pm Hope in the City presents Fashion+Hope at the Mosaic Arts District in downtown LA to benefit Habitat for Humanity.
Sunday, March 18, 2012
- 12pm (doors) 2pm (show) Emerging designers runway show at LA Fashion Weekend at Sunset Gower Studios.
- 6pm (doors) 8pm (show) Contemporary designers runway show at LA Fashion Weekend at Sunset Gower Studios.
- 8:30pm (doors) 10:00pm (premiere) Lauren Elaine presents the premiere of her new BLACK LABEL campaign film. Closing party for LA Fashion Week at the W Hotel in Hollywood.