Are you obsessed with those shockingly elaborate, high fashion makeup looks you see on the runways and red carpets? Want to achieve a similar look that works well on a day-to-day basis? Well, a great way to step up your look this season is by applying a blue, purple, or other jewel toned mascara to top and bottom lashes. These tones accentuate the eyes with a fun pop of color, but it’s also a cheap and easy way to experiment with the trending colors of the season! Blue is a complementary shade to all eye colors, making the whites appear more vibrant and the natural eye color more striking. Just a little splash of color to your lashes is all it takes for you to stand out in a crowd!
- Maria Menounos looks stunning in her electric blue mascara, making the browns and golden tones in her eyes and skin really standout. Paired with just a light peach blush for a natural finish, these exciting lashes are really all you need for a vibrant day to night look!
- Rihanna rocks out with her blue/violet lashes and matching liner extended out to a wing. The drama of this look makes it clear that the star’s hazel eyes are the center of attention.
- Katy Perry is super glamorous in this look with tons of voluminous lashes! By using a gorgeous metallic blue mascara for the lower lashes and lining the rest of the eye with a smudged out blue liner, Katy has truly created a unique and red carpet ready look.
- Dior Show mascara in Azure Blue #258 retails for $25. This award winning mascara is notorious a backstage runway go-to product, and cult favorite. With its XXL brush it will be sure to amp up your lashes.
- Urban Decay mascara in Electric Blue retails for $20. The weightless thickening formula in this mascara includes hemp seed oil, jojoba oil, vitamin E and purisilk. Also, the molded brush helps to evenly disperse mascara along lashes for a full dramatic look.
- MAC Zoom Lash mascara in Blue Charge retails for $15. This product features a velvety formula that glides on easy and smudge free, but lasts all day. The ultra sculpted brush will help separate and leave lashes feeling moisturized.
- Benefit Bad Gal Lash mascara in Blue retails for $19. The rich formula and giant brush will give you the false lash look without the fuss.